R S Prasanna

Spam that tries to be literature.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

My Teacher

(Posted in my alma mater's web community. Thought this deserves a blog post. My shcool was Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Anna Nagar, Chennai)

Not many of you would have heard of this teacher. But she shaped my life, and left an indelible impression in most of the 'year 2000' batch. She was Jyoti Ramdass. Incidentally she taught Social Science, a subject supposedly dealing with History, Geography and Civics. But instead she taught me and the other lucky few who had sense enough to learn from her the real social science. She made me a leader. I wish i could contact her some how. I have wished all along, ever since I left CVA. But each time I had the urge to reach out to her, I stopped myself, saying 'not yet.' I wanted to meet her, after achieving something truly incredible. It is perhaps in the nature of achievement, that once you achieve something, it loses its sheen. Or is that in the nature of the achiever? Either ways, I moved for one achievement to another, feeling each was not Big enough for me to call out to her. I am still waiting. I will soon meet her. Some time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful man

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't u try
http://www.saintmarksschool.com/meerabagh/details_m/senior_mb.htm

standing second row 6th from right...?

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home