R S Prasanna

Spam that tries to be literature.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Eklavyas

Today I am really proud becaue of two guys.

Guys I grew up with. Literally. They were there when I had outgrown my seventh standard trouser in my eighth standard and saw the tear across my dignity lengthening with a seemingly deafening, sadistic growl - in front of all the girls in class.

They were there then to cover my ... literally.

So these two guys who have been so much a part of me have made me so very proud today.

Praveen, Jithin. Jithin, Praveen. (To prevent disputes over First Billing)

Praveen acted in my film "Nambum Poi"

****
http://rsprasanna.blip.tv/file/208633/
****

Jithin acted in another film, made by a friend of mine.

****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onc3ufAOUmY
****

These guys were simply awesome.

I sat watching Jithin on screen, and for a moment yearned to get in touch with the guy, show him my films, and some how convince him to act in my films.

Thankfully - oh glorious thanks! - I realised I owned him.

And Praveen. Here's a link to a blogsite where, in the review of Nambum poi, the reviewer has in one word summed up what he felt about the guy's performance.

"Kalakkal."

****
http://www.kirukkal.com/archives/2007/04/rs_prasanna_nambum_poi_shortfilm.html
****

I am one lucky guy. Can't wait to start my first feature film backed with such supremely promising talent.

(Doesn't hurt also that for me they will act for free. But not for long. No, not for long at all!)

Dreams, here we come!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for your ventures.
Rock on !!!!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Sravanthi said...

Not for long indeed. I remember Jithin in one slapstick comedy play they did in school. I never, ever thought he could do a remotely serious role. It is amazing how he has grown steadily from strength to strength.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nambum poi-brilliant!

1:06 AM  
Blogger R S Prasanna said...

Vinay: Thank You :-) Would love to hear more from you.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Madhusoodhanan said...

Nambum poi and Art: both were excellent.. i liked the former very much.. I gues, since you are a lover of theatre, 'ART' was shot in a single shot.. that was a very good attempt and was indeed well executed..

Good luck for all your ventures..

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home