R S Prasanna

Spam that tries to be literature.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Is God an atheist?

I was telling a friend today, "If God were an atheist, he would lack in self-confidence."

I sorely want to beleive in the existence of a God.

Someone who can reward me for my good, and punish me for my sins.

And not the other way around.

This world, I am slowly beginning to hate.

Not the mountains, the birds; nor the greatness of man, but just most men that inhabit the world today.

I am an atheist.

Never before have I so strongly regreted that.

It would be oh so simple, if only He were there to set things right!

Alas, seeing the putrid stupidity that today scars my earth, even God might become diffidant and disheartened!

Yes, I know, this is jus another gloomy day. I probably am overreacting.

Tomorrow I shall look back at this blog entry and laugh.

But tonight...

You may not believe me, but 'tis true... I actually googled this -

"Where is God?"

I need sleep.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sravanthi said...

I totally understand. I distinctly remember a time when I was travelling by train. The man in the berth opposite me spread out his mat and did his namaaz before he slept. At that point and even now, I just feel envy. It must be nice to have so much faith in something. *sigh*

4:33 AM  
Blogger R S Prasanna said...

:) My need for 'believing' is very simple and child-like. Be a good guy and you will win your daddy's affection, or a pat from you fave teacher. Today I sorely need the mentor!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are truly an inspiring individual.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Harish Sreedharan said...

I was telling a friend today, "If God were an atheist, he would lack in self-confidence."


awesome line da...

10:38 PM  
Blogger R S Prasanna said...

Harish : Thank you. :) I am trying to recognise you...

3:11 AM  
Blogger bleeeeeeeeeeeeeee said...

.. .. ...

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.i dunno what would have happened if god was ever an atheist.i still dont know whether he exists.i dunno how people have such faith in something that doesnt exist.at the end of the day its just hope that gets the world going.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Lancelot said...

Dude,

I just read this post for the 5th time and it struck me: you wrote this on 14th Dec, 2006 and Kamal used the dialogue "Kadavul illainu sollala aana iruntha nalla irukumnuthaan solren" in Dasa...coincidence or copyright violation??

2:19 AM  
Blogger R S Prasanna said...

Lancelot: ha ha. could be god's handiwork :) and here god does not refere to aandavar (kamal's name amongst theevira rasigars) !!! jus kidding ;)

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home